Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Who will critique the critics?

I will! I have recently been struck with an urge to bring to life shunned, forgotten, and critically condemned movies. I intend to do this by a system of watching, reading, and blogging. There are many movies that have been condemned by critics over the years that have worth. There are also many that few of my peers have been exposed to that are great. My mission is to bring readers an academically sound, insightful, and accessible blog that reviews not only films but critics' responses to films. It will work as both a starting point for beginning film viewers as well as the ill- and uninformed, and a counterpoint to many reviews. Mostly this blog will be a place to go for suggestions for good movies that provides reasons why (I think) they are good. I would like to think that all readers will agree with me, but I know that can never be. I don't want to be the only one with opinions here. If anyone does trek through the desert of blogs and finds this mirage of an oasis and decides they like what they see, I encourage them to respond. The most I'm hoping for from this blog is at least one person reads it and we have a regular dialogue about films and critics. The adventure begins soon...stay tuned.

No comments: